History of JSC «Таu-Кеn Samruk»
- Conducting the procedure of transmitting the Company’s shares to «Sovereign Wealth Fund «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC (63650 common stock shares). The Company has implemented issue of 250,981 shares of common stock that by the Fund - 1,936,960,000 KZT (authorized capital).
- Developing and adopting a long-term Strategy of the Company in accordance with the objectives set by the state and the sole shareholder.
- Developing and approving the Concept of creation of the first subsidiary - LLP «Tau-Ken Altyn».
- Decision of Board of Directors to launch LLP «Tau-Ken Altyn» gold refinery for extraction, refinement and processing. Passing the state registration procedure of LLP «Tau-Ken Altyn» in judicial authorities, December 21, 2009.
- Developing and approving the internal regulatory documentation; forming the controlling bodies and personnel of the Company.
- The Company has signed 14 memoranda of cooperation with various companies in order to attract potential partners and fundraising projects.
- Preparing the number of investment projects for subsoil, the gold refinery plant for production and the operator for exploration.
- Making contacts with potential partners of world mining sector.
- KPMG has conducted the diagnostics of corporate management according to the procedure of JSC «Samruk-Kazyna», as a result Company ranking score has been 41%, that proves the Company's commitment to the principles of corporate management.
- Preparing the projects for subsoil use with following implementation, including registration of subsoil use rights, elaboration of investment decisions, the approval of projects by shareholders of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk» - JSC «Samruk-Kazyna».
- Elaborating the project for refining in accordance with the assignment of the President of the State during the year. Conducting the works in developing the feasibility study of the project.
- Forming LLP «Alaigyr», the Company for producing the lead concentrate containing silver as the associated metal, October 20, 2011.
- LLP «KPMG Tax & Advisory» has repeatedly conducted diagnostics of corporate management and ranking score of JS «Tau-Ken Samruk» has risen from 41% in 2010 to 44.8% in 2011.
- Official events of laying the capsule and the first pile driving in the industrial park FEZ «Astana - New City» July 3, 2012, conducted during the teleconference of presenting the industrial projects to President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev have been the important event in the life of the Company, marking the launch of the refinery construction.
- Signing the contracts for subsoil use at 4 sites between the Company and the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of RK in 2012.
- Defining the list of subsoil area of 20 objects of subsoil use, approved by the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of RK, announcing the Company at a preferential right over other national companies for subsoil use rights via direct negotiations.
- The authorized capital of the Company – 7.862.266.000 KZT.
- Developing and approving a new Development Strategy of the Company for 2013-2022 with updates in mission, vision, goals and objectives.
- Transferring 29.82% shares of the authorized capital of «Kazzinc» belonging to JS «Samruk-Kazyna» to the authorized capital of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk» in August 28, 2013.
- Signing contracts for subsoil use of 4 new objects with the Competent Authority.
- Launching the brand-new refinery in Astana with a capacity of 25 tons of refined gold and 50 tons of silver per annum, December 2013.
- The Company’s positive financial results of 2013 – net profit of 1670 billion KZT.
- At the end of 2013, JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk» has ranked third among national companies of Kazakhstan in the ranking score of «Rating.kz» Research agency.
- Dispatching the first batch of gold bullion to the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- As a result of the first quarter of 2014, JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk» National Mining Company has ranked fourth among efficient national companies of Kazakhstan in the ranking score of «Rating.kz» Research agency.
- Total number of signed contracts for subsoil use has reached 9 projects.
- The authorized capital – 182.429.662.484 KZT, April 14, 2014.
- Transferring 100% of shares of JSC «ShalkiyaZinc Ltd» to the authorized capital of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk», 11 July 2014.
- Closing the deal on acquiring 93% share in LLP «Masalsky Mining and Processing Plant» and conducting state re-registration of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk», July 2014.
- Year-to-date conducting repair works at the plant for the production of metallurgical silicon, producing raw materials and launching the ore-thermal furnace №1 by LLP «Tau-Ken Temir» - subsidiary of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk». Getting the metallurgical silicon on October 15, 2014.
The Company was actively investing funds into its development including geological exploration, design development, construction and production projects. The total amount of invested funds allocated to implementation of various projects amounted almost to KZT 9bln.
Company acquired following new asset: the Northern Katpar LLP.
Activity at the refinery facilities and silicon production plant was continued. According to the year results, 10.1 tons of gold, 11.25 thousand tons of technical silicon and 2.2 tons of silver were produced.
Company continued preproduction mining and capital mining operations under the Shalkiya and Alaigyr projects, Preliminary feasibility study of the mining and processing plant and metallurgical plant construction project was concluded under the Massalsky MPP project.
Putting the second ore thermal furnace into operation at the silicon production plant and introduction of silver vacuum distillation technology at the Astana refinery were the most significant events.
Subsoil use right for prospecting for gold at the Southern Moiyntinskiy site in Karaganda region was obtained by the Company.
As of December 31, 2015, Authorized capital of the Company amounted to KZT 243,901,772,000.
Remarkable events for Tau-Ken Samruk Group in 2016 were signing of two contracts with the RK Ministry of Investment and Development, one of them – on extraction of barite-polymetallic ores and silver of Tuyuk Deposit in Almaty region, the other is on subsoil use of combined exploration and mining of tungsten-molybdenum ore of Upper Kayrakty in Karaganda region.
Annual targets of operational activities have been achieved in terms of production of refined gold (12 tons) and metallurgical silicon (19.5 tons).
In December 2016, the Company acquired a share in Silicon Mining LLP and Investment Fund of Kazakhstan JSC.
98.5 thousand tons of copper with an average grade 1.8% that belong to Hajikongan Deposit have been entered into RK State Register of Reserves.
During the year, Massalsky ore treatment processes have been researched in cooperation with the Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (CRIMM, Changsha) to produce CNTIC furnace (China) concentrates.
As of December 31, 2016, the Company’s Authorized Equity is 252,874,907 thousand tenge, while Shareholders’ Equity is 550,096,363 thousand tenge.