National Mining Company Tau-Ken Samruk responsibly builds a strategy for environmental management. We assume a share of responsibility for the state of the environment and public health in the regions experiencing the impact of the Company's production facilities.
When planning and implementing our activities, we follow the basic principles of Corporate Environmental Policy:
- compliance with the requirements and standards established by the environmental legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan
- mandatory preventive measures to prevent environmental pollution and damage it in any form
- continuous improvement of existing and introduction of new technologies to ensure environmental safety
- systematic and comprehensive solution of issues of ensuring environmental safety and environmental management
- openness and availability of environmental information.
The Company undertakes the following obligations to implement the basic principles of Environmental Policy:
- environmental safety and environmental protection with necessary resources
- make management and investment decisions based on environmental priorities
- minimize the risks of negative environmental impact during the implementation of investment projects
- regular environmental monitoring and audit of the production activities of the Company and its subsidiaries
- wide availability of environmental information related to the activities of the Company and its subsidiaries.
When planning any activity, we assess an environmental impact (EIA). All EIA projects are subject to state environmental impact assessment and are available for review on the websites of Akimats.
Environmental Policy of JSC NMC Tau-Ken Samruk