History of JSC «Таu-Кеn Samruk»
- Conducting the procedure of transmitting the Company’s shares to «Sovereign Wealth Fund «Samruk-Kazyna» JSC (63650 common stock shares). The Company has implemented issue of 250,981 shares of common stock that by the Fund – 1,936,960,000 KZT (authorized capital).
- Developing and adopting a long-term Strategy of the Company in accordance with the objectives set by the state and the sole shareholder.
- Developing and approving the Concept of creation of the first subsidiary – LLP «Tau-Ken Altyn».
- Decision of Board of Directors to launch LLP «Tau-Ken Altyn» gold refinery for extraction, refinement and processing. Passing the state registration procedure of LLP «Tau-Ken Altyn» in judicial authorities, December 21, 2009.
- Developing and approving the internal regulatory documentation; forming the controlling bodies and personnel of the Company.
- The Company has signed 14 memoranda of cooperation with various companies in order to attract potential partners and fundraising projects.
- Preparing the number of investment projects for subsoil, the gold refinery plant for production and the operator for exploration.
- Making contacts with potential partners of world mining sector.
- KPMG has conducted the diagnostics of corporate management according to the procedure of JSC «Samruk-Kazyna», as a result Company ranking score has been 41%, that proves the Company’s commitment to the principles of corporate management.
- Preparing the projects for subsoil use with following implementation, including registration of subsoil use rights, elaboration of investment decisions, the approval of projects by shareholders of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk» – JSC «Samruk-Kazyna».
- Elaborating the project for refining in accordance with the assignment of the President of the State during the year. Conducting the works in developing the feasibility study of the project.
- Forming LLP «Alaigyr», the Company for producing the lead concentrate containing silver as the associated metal, October 20, 2011.
- LLP «KPMG Tax & Advisory» has repeatedly conducted diagnostics of corporate management and ranking score of JS «Tau-Ken Samruk» has risen from 41% in 2010 to 44.8% in 2011.
- Official events of laying the capsule and the first pile driving in the industrial park FEZ «Astana – New City» July 3, 2012, conducted during the teleconference of presenting the industrial projects to President of the Republic of Kazakhstan Nursultan Nazarbayev have been the important event in the life of the Company, marking the launch of the refinery construction.
- Signing the contracts for subsoil use at 4 sites between the Company and the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of RK in 2012.
- Defining the list of subsoil area of 20 objects of subsoil use, approved by the Ministry of Industry and New Technologies of RK, announcing the Company at a preferential right over other national companies for subsoil use rights via direct negotiations.
- The authorized capital of the Company – 7.862.266.000 KZT.
- Developing and approving a new Development Strategy of the Company for 2013-2022 with updates in mission, vision, goals and objectives.
- Transferring 29.82% shares of the authorized capital of «Kazzinc» belonging to JS «Samruk-Kazyna» to the authorized capital of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk» in August 28, 2013.
- Signing contracts for subsoil use of 4 new objects with the Competent Authority.
- Launching the brand-new refinery in Astana with a capacity of 25 tons of refined gold and 50 tons of silver per annum, December 2013.
- The Company’s positive financial results of 2013 – net profit of 1670 billion KZT.
- At the end of 2013, JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk» has ranked third among national companies of Kazakhstan in the ranking score of «Rating.kz» Research agency.
- Dispatching the first batch of gold bullion to the National Bank of the Republic of Kazakhstan.
- As a result of the first quarter of 2014, JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk» National Mining Company has ranked fourth among efficient national companies of Kazakhstan in the ranking score of «Rating.kz» Research agency.
- Total number of signed contracts for subsoil use has reached 9 projects.
- The authorized capital – 182.429.662.484 KZT, April 14, 2014.
- Transferring 100% of shares of JSC «ShalkiyaZinc Ltd» to the authorized capital of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk», 11 July 2014.
- Closing the deal on acquiring 93% share in LLP «Masalsky Mining and Processing Plant» and conducting state re-registration of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk», July 2014.
- Year-to-date conducting repair works at the plant for the production of metallurgical silicon, producing raw materials and launching the ore-thermal furnace №1 by LLP «Tau-Ken Temir» – subsidiary of JSC «Tau-Ken Samruk». Getting the metallurgical silicon on October 15, 2014.
- The Company was actively investing funds into its development including geological exploration, design development, construction and production projects. The total amount of invested funds allocated to implementation of various projects amounted almost to KZT 9bln.
- Company acquired following new asset: the Northern Katpar LLP.
- Activity at the refinery facilities and silicon production plant was continued. According to the year results, 10.1 tons of gold, 11.25 thousand tons of technical silicon and 2.2 tons of silver were produced.
- Company continued preproduction mining and capital mining operations under the Shalkiya and Alaigyr projects, Preliminary feasibility study of the mining and processing plant and metallurgical plant construction project was concluded under the Massalsky MPP project.
- Putting the second ore thermal furnace into operation at the silicon production plant and introduction of silver vacuum distillation technology at the Astana refinery were the most significant events.
- Subsoil use right for prospecting for gold at the Southern Moiyntinskiy site in Karaganda region was obtained by the Company.
- As of December 31, 2015, Authorized capital of the Company amounted to KZT 243,901,772,000.
- Remarkable events for Tau-Ken Samruk Group in 2016 were signing of two contracts with the RK Ministry of Investment and Development, one of them – on extraction of barite-polymetallic ores and silver of Tuyuk Deposit in Almaty region, the other is on subsoil use of combined exploration and mining of tungsten-molybdenum ore of Upper Kayrakty in Karaganda region.
- Annual targets of operational activities have been achieved in terms of production of refined gold (12 tons) and metallurgical silicon (19.5 tons).
- In December 2016, the Company acquired a share in Silicon Mining LLP and Investment Fund of Kazakhstan JSC.
- 98.5 thousand tons of copper with an average grade 1.8% that belong to Hajikongan Deposit have been entered into RK State Register of Reserves.
- During the year, Massalsky ore treatment processes have been researched in cooperation with the Research Institute of Mining and Metallurgy (CRIMM, Changsha) to produce CNTIC furnace (China) concentrates.
- As of December 31, 2016, the Company’s Authorized Equity is 252,874,907 thousand tenge, while Shareholders’ Equity is 550,096,363 thousand tenge.
- One of the important events of the year was the updating of the Development Strategy of JSC “NGC” Tau-Ken Samruk “for 2017-2026. The company has significantly revised the mission and vision, strategic goals and objectives. In accordance with the approved Development Strategy, the Company chose the “Industry Catalyst” model and implemented the following Business Model: construction, launch of facilities with subsequent sale, attraction of strategic investors and further reinvestment in the construction of new facilities.
- In 2017, the results of the refining production of Tau-Ken Altyn LLP reached distinctive levels, exceeding the targets for the production of pure gold, the output of which was 18 tons.
- Throughout the year, the Masalskoe project together with CNTIC conducted semi-industrial tests, which resulted in the development of technological regulations. Masalsky MPP LLP received a positive opinion from the State Expertise Enterprise on the developed feasibility study, which includes: master plan, protection zones, infrastructure solutions, external electricity and water supply, road and railways, obtaining approvals for water use, geodetic work, soil research.
- On June 12, a loan agreement with the EBRD was signed to provide a syndicated loan to JSC ShalkiyaZinc LTD for USD 350 million.
- In 2017, by decision of the Investment Committee of Samruk-Kazyna JSC, an investment memorandum on the joint development of tungsten deposits of North Katpar and Upper Kayraktinskoye was reviewed and approved.
- On September 4, 2018, Company’s Development Strategy for 2018-2028 was approved, where a new mission, vision and strategic goals were defined.
- In 2018, verification drilling confirmed reserves of tungsten and molybdenum at the North Katpar field in the Karaganda region.
- As part of the work on attracting a potential strategic partner, on November 22 in Beijing (PRC) an Agreement was concluded on the basic terms of the transaction (Term Sheet) between the Company and Xiamen Tungsten Co., Ltd.
- In 2018, Tau-Ken Altyn refining plant exceeded the initial targets for the production and sale of finished products.The volume of fine gold production in the reporting period amounted to 22.7 tons, an increase of 14%
- In 2018, «Tau-Ken Samruk» NMC» JSC initiated the creation of Association of Gold Mining Enterprises. The main objective of the association is to address the problematic issues of the domestic gold-metal industry, by consolidating the efforts of a wide range of enterprises in cooperation with government agencies and industry associations.
- At the end of 2018, National Mining Company was among the leaders of Kazakhstan market in terms of the level and quality of information disclosure. The resultsof Transparency Rating of the largest domestic companies have confirmed that «Tau-Кen Samruk» adheres to the world’s best practices in corporate governance.
- «Tau-Ken Samruk» NMC» JSC and Kazakhmys Corporation LLP entered into an agreement on cooperation in the issues of subsoil use in the territory of the Spassk copper ore zone.
- On November 15, 2018, a contract of sale and purchase of a 100% interest in «Tau-Ken Samruk» NMC» JSC in the authorized capital of LLP «Таu-Кеn Progress» in favor of a Kazakhstan company was signed.
- In 2018, sewage treatment facilities for household wastewater of the mining and processing complex were put into operation at the field of JSC «ShalkiyaZink Ltd».
- The subsidiaries of the Company, namely «Alaigyr JV» LLP , «Tau-Ken Altyn» LLP, LLP «Tau-Ken Temir», «Silikon Mining» LLP, «Northern Katpar» LLP created Supervisory boards.
- The personnel policy of «Tau-Ken Samruk» NMC» JSC was approved.
- 2 May 2019, an acceptance certificate for the sale of a 100% interest in Tau-Ken Progress LLP between Tau-Ken Samruk NMC JSC and ASIA GROUPKZ LLP was signed
- 31 May 2019, a purchase and sale agreement for 100% participation in SARECO LLP was signed
- 17 September 2019, an agreement on the sale of subsoil use rights under Contract for the exploration of copper, gold and associated components for the Spassky copper mineralization zone in the Karaganda region was signed
- 19 September 2019, Tau-Ken Altyn LLP receives the Good Delivery certificate
- 18 November 2019, Agreement with Fortescue Company on joint implementation of geological projects was signed
- Tau-Ken Altyn LLP reached its designed capacity and produced 29,2 tons of refined gold by the end of the year.
- A program to support junior companies carrying out geological survey activity was launched