The corporate governance system in JSC NMC Tau-Ken Samruk is built in such a way that provides proper management and control, as well as a system of relationships between the executive body, Board of Directors, Sole Shareholder (Samruk-Kazyna JSC) and stakeholders. The corporate governance system is aimed at the growth of long-term value and sustainable development. Corporate governance is based on efficiency, effectiveness and transparency. For more detailed information about the corporate governance structure, please see the section: Corporate Governance – Structure.
The Sole Shareholder of JSC NMC Tau-Ken Samruk is Samruk-Kazyna JSC.
The general management of the company’s activities is carried out by the Board of Directors, the institutes of independent directors and committees of the Board of Directors are actively functioning.
The company has established the work of the Corporate Secretary, Internal Audit Service, Compliance Officer and Ombudsman.
The collegial executive body is the Management Board. For more detailed information about the organizational structure of the company, please see the section: Company – Organizational Structure.
Key corporate governance measures for the year 2022:
- The Board of Directors was re-elected
- The degree of implementation of the Action Plan for Improving Corporate Governance for 2022 – 94%
- The Board of Directors was evaluated by the self-assessment method
- A Strategic Planning and Sustainable Development Committee has been established under the Board of Directors
- Tau-Ken Samruk has been appointed Chairman of the Management Board
- A policy has been developed to ensure the continuity of the Board of Directors
- Updated internal regulatory documents of Tau-Ken Samruk and its subsidiaries, including amendments and additions to the Charter of Tau-Ken Samruk