Training and development of employees is aimed at forming and maintaining the necessary level of personnel qualification, given requirements and prospects of strategic development.
The process is based on the following principles:
- Systematicity – all elements of the professional training and professional development system should be subordinated to the strategic goal;
- Dynamism and flexibility – adjustments of goals and changes of tasks should result in changes in goals, directions, priorities, methods and forms of training;
- Consistency and continuity – training and development should not be episodic, but systematic, planned. Training is organized based on the 70-20-10 principle (70% – on-the-job training, 20% – mentoring and coaching, 10% – trainings and other educational programs);
- Efficiency – training and development should be accompanied by clear measurable criteria of evaluation of the results achieved;
- Practical orientation – training and development should be oriented, first of all, on formation of professional and business skills;
- Joint responsibility – responsibility for the effectiveness of training is borne by the trainee employee, trainer (teacher), head of the structural subdivision, responsible structural subdivision.
A calendar plan of training and professional development of employees, which is formed on the basis of individual development plans agreed by the employee and their direct management, is prepared and approved on an annual basis.